Trucking accidents are not the same as car accidents. Given the size and weight of the vehicles, the accidents tend to be much more severe than a car accident. Trucking companies are highly regulated and drivers of these trucks are professional drivers. They are trained to drive and they are trained to follow the rules of the road. When they fail to follow the rules or they try to take short cuts, tragedy strikes. A trucking accident attorney can help you navigate the complexity of a trucking accident.
Some of the more common factors in trucking accidents include:
- Improper or inadequate training
- Failure to maintain the trucks in proper operating condition Violation of safety guidelines
- Inappropriate time deadlines leading to drivers making poor decisions
- Driver fatigue due to overwork
- Careless or reckless driving
- Operating under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Overloading of cargo
- Unbalanced cargo loads
It is important that you hire a trucking accident attorney that is experienced in trucking cases, and it is important that you hire them immediately. The trucking company will have lawyers and investigators on the scene of the accident within hours. They will have a head start to the investigation.
We are currently litigating several trucking cases and understands the urgency and necessity of acting quickly. We work with an exceptional investigator and experts to immediately obtain and preserve the evidence and witness statements necessary to protect your interests.